Tuesday, June 27, 2006

T-Minus Four

Tuesday, June 27, 2006



I find myself thinking more and more about our first stop in Prague as I take care of last minute details leading up to our trip. Each stop will have something unique and special to offer us, but I can't help but to feel that "the golden city" will be the highlight of our trip. This multi-ethnic and storied city sits on the fringe between eastern and western Europe, straddling the line between the old and new worlds (and just about everything in between).

I cannot wait to experience one of the world's most pristine and varied collections of architecture virtually untouched during the World Wars, and take in the diverse culture of its four main boroughs: Hradčany (the Castle District, west and north of the Castle), Lesser Quarter (Malá Strana, south of the Castle), Old Town (Staré Město, on the east bank opposite the Castle) and New Town (Nové Město, further south and east).

Four short days cannot do this city justice, but we'll do our best to soak it all in.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

And be sure to enjoy some cheap beer! I tell ya what - after all my travels in Europe, you eventually get to a point where you cannot bear to see another church or museuem and you'd rather sit down for a local beer and chat with the natives. I love it all!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Frank Gehry's architecture will always surprise you. Don't miss out on the Charles bridge while you're there. I remember some great photographers selling their wares. Beautiful stuff.